Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Upbeat Workout Music, Mix #08

I'm DJ'ing at St. Thomas University (Canada) in a couple weeks, and I've been trying to catch up on top40/mainstream music while I'm hanging out in South America right now. And since I'm trying to get caught up on that type of music, I figured that I should make a new Workout Mix. Well, things quickly got out of control. I quickly realized I had enough music for two new mixes, which was fine. No problem. Then, last night, while I was starting to get organized, I discovered that I had already put Workout Mix #08 together, ages ago, but I hadn't ever posted it online! Ridiculous.

I was trying to figure out when I did this, and the best that I can figure is that I might have done it last April? I'm basing that guess upon the tracks that I used, and the fact that if I did make it in April, it would make sense that I forgot about it since May through August is insane for me at work. It's possible that it was done as early as February of last year, but I'm guessing March or April is more likely.

So anyway, this is the old Workout Mix #08. Yes, the music is a bit dated now, but whatever. I listened to it again today and it was a fun-sounding mix, so why not? The only thing that I did before putting it online was to re-mix it slightly, to replace one track that I didn't like. Anyway, I still have two other (newer) workout mixes that I'm ready to release, which I'll post online next week and the week after. I should probably spread them out, instead of putting them all up at the same time.

The mix is a continuous music mix which is an hour long, and anyone can download it (the link is under the track listings). This mix is for demo purposes only, and commercial resale or redistribution is not permitted.


Here are Track Listings for Workout Mix #08:

01. Anjulie, "Brand New Chick."
02. Selena Gomez, "Love You Like A Love Song" (Dave Aude Club Remix).
03. Guinevere, "Crazy Crazy" (Dave Aude Clean Show Mix).
04. Calvin Harris feat Kelis, "Bounce" (Matt Balfe Remix).
05. Jefr Tale, "Start Again" (Anthem Remix).
06. Tom Fall & Jwaydan, "Untouchable" (Paul Keeley Remix).
07. Kaskade feat Mindy Gledhill, "Eyes" (Extended Mix).
08. David Guetta feat Nicki Minaj, "Turn Me On" (Sebastien Drums Remix).
09. Tonite Only, "Haters Gonna Hate" (Nicky Romero Out Of Space Remix).
10. David Guetta feat Sia, "Titanium" (Esquire Remix).
11. Anda Adam, "Panda Madam" (Extended Mix).
12. Destructo feat Oliver, "Technology" (Original Mix).
13. Jennifer Lopez feat Pitbull, "Dance Again" (Gregor Salto Bateria Mix).
14. Breathe Carolina, "Blackout" (Wideboys Club Mix).
15. Avicii feat Flo Rida, "Levels, Good Feeling" (Gordon & Doyle Mashup).
16. Bingo Players, "Cry Just A Little" (Original Mix).


Note: If you're trying to track down remixes listed above and they sound different than what you're hearing in this mix, it's because I do a lot of specific editing of my own to each track before I put the mix together, and there is a lot of extra percussion added.


To download a 1.5 GB Zip file that includes all of the mixes in DJ Bolivia's workout series, right-click on this link and choose "save target" or "save link":



For links to the blog posts about the other mixes in this series, visit:






I have lots of other upbeat electronica mixes available on my DJ website. Admittedly, there aren't too many mixes there [yet] that are exclusively club dance tracks, but there are a lot of house/trance mixes that I find to be pretty good to listen to when I'm going running. Or driving. Or doing any sort of mindless task where I just want some energetic beats to listen to. Most of them are about an hour long, to fit onto a standard CD. Check them out, maybe you'd enjoy some of them? And click here if you're interested in one of my favorites, a massive four-hour mix that I made of classic dance tracks from the late 1990's and early 2000's.



Follow Jonathan Clark on other sites:
        SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/djbolivia
        YouTube: youtube.com/djbolivia
        Facebook: facebook.com/djbolivia
        Main Site: www.djbolivia.ca
        Music Blog: djbolivia.blogspot.ca





And finally, here are YouTube videos for most of the songs on this mix, if you're curious (although the videos mix not be for the exact remixes that I used):